Sunday, May 15, 2011

Day 7 & 8

It's been a full week in Guatemala and I'm still alive! Well just barely after fighting this gross looking rash. But I'm happy to say that the pain is gone (just think...someone poking you with a needle every few seconds) and now I am in the healing process!

Yesterday we had an official tour of the land and I love it! It's so amazing to be here from the start. To see the land as it is now...and to be able to see it developing into a children's village. Exciting times ahead! I'm excited to start working on the land and learning more about the whole process!














Enroute to the land! A random hut...how does one even get there?



































The amazing couple, Heather and Greg who are the masterminds behind Project Somos!









"Legally" transporting the crew from the land back home!













Tika! The cutest dog ever (after my baby, Neemee of course! hehe) with a sensitive heart. :)







Today I ventured off to Antigua for a week of Spanish school! I am so eager to start learning Spanish! Antigua is beautiful. It reminds me a bit of Spain as well as Rome. I also like to call it the City of Secret Doors! Behind each door is like another world! It's so neat. Even McDonald's is so beautiful with their own courtyard!


As soon as I arrived, I HAD to go get a cappuccino at Cafe Barista!








McCafe! The nicest McDonald's I have ever seen!!
































































My new favourite phrase - Hasta Luego!

No comments:

Post a Comment