Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Day 11

Today was a nice and relaxing day. After Spanish classes, I went to the Macadamia Nut farm with 2 other students as well as our guide, Milton. We had our first chicken bus experience, which I admit was pretty exciting!! I felt just like a local! Except that everyone kept staring at us... Chicken buses tend to be a bit more on the dangerous side. I have heard of a few stories that chicken buses go too fast and accidents happen (moreso out of town trips)...and I have also heard of stories where the driver gets exploited by a gang member and then crazy things happen. We were fine. :)

The macadamia nut farm was amazing! They gave us free macadamia nut oil facials and as well as fed us macadamia nuts and chocolates with macadamia nut! I ended up purchasing a bag of coffee from the farm next door. There was no label....but it was grown, processed and roasted in the farm next door....so we'll see how it tastes! It does smell good at least!

Afterwards, we came back to our homestay and hanged out on the patio with wine and chips. It was amazing as there was lightening flashing behind us, and we also had a view of the volcano which apparently was spewing out a bit of lava....which I unfortunately missed!!! Nevertheless, it was a fabulous day!


















Their little sanctuary.

















Whoohoo facial time! :)








Do I look 19? Supposedly, this macademia nut oil and cream facial is supposed to make me look 10 years younger!











No comments:

Post a Comment