Thursday, May 19, 2011

Day 12

Not much of an update today. It was a nice and relaxing day at the market and then I hung out with some friends at a rooftop bar near our Spanish school! I did sign up for a Coffee Cupping tour for Saturday which I'm quite excited about! I am eager to see the difference (if any) between what learned about cupping from Aaron vs. how they cup the coffee here in Guatemala. I'm sure there won't be much of a difference, but it'll be cool to experience anyways.

Also, the only reason that I'm blogging every night is because it's dangerous to go out at night. So since I'm home by 6:30pm every night, other than Spanish homework, I really don't have much to do! :)





Enjoying a special Guatemalan beer concoction - Moza dark beer + vegetable juice + worchestershire sauce + tabasco + black pepper.
The verdict: the first sip was nice, but once I reached half way, I got a bit sick of it.















The lovely Dutch couple that was also living in our homestay!

















My fellow Canadian friend, Annetta and I chilling at the patio of our homestay.
















The view from our patio - thats the volcano that had spirts of lava! We missed it though. :(












With some fellow Spanish school students!













Jadine - this one is for you. My new friend, Mischa! She loves being pet on the head! Super cute, but she meows SOOOO much! Apparently, Mischa ran away from home for a month, and she just came home this morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment