Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Day 87 - 96

How time flies...I'm on my last 3 weeks here in Guatemala and extremely sad about it. I am slightly excited about the next phase of my life. The end of Guatemala also means the end of my 20's. And boy has it been an amazing decade.

This past weekend, I went on a trip to Rio Dulce and Livingston along the Caribbean coast of Guatemala. It was a 6.5 hour drive which is pretty crazy for just a weekend trip, but it was worth it. My favourite was going to Siete Altares which are naturally made pools of water in the middle of the forest. It was gorgeous. Turquoise blue waters. It was also nice to get some sun as it does get quite chilly in Tecpán but I do have to admit, it got so hot and humid that I was grateful to come back to cool weather.

I also wrote my last blog for Ethical Bean last week. It was bittersweet as it also means that the end of my journey is near....but I have learned a lot. And I wrote about that in my blog.
http://www.ethicalbean.com/2011/08/05/hasta-luego-guatemala-by-amy-yeung/










No comments:

Post a Comment