Friday, August 26, 2011

Day 103 - 112

Last week, we had a busy week with 3 events and then I ended it with a quick trip to Guatemala City. I have to admit, with all the crazy stories, I was a bit freaked out. I was told to never carry a purse because it may get slashed, to never show off your cellphone because someone may point a gun at you asking for your phone and to not open the windows in the car incase of robbery. So of course I was paranoid! But everything was all good. I got back into Tecpán safe and sound. The city is interesting, Cecilia drove me around showing me some cool monuments, the National Palace, Zona Vida and we ended off the day with dinner at Taco Bell! Yep...and it was delicious! hahahah

Some pictures of Guatemala City.







Check out the latest progress! We have added 12 bamboo roof trusses!! :) Super exciting times ahead! One step closer to bringing kids to live in the homes! And we also made these beautiful candle holders and vases from the same bamboo! I will be bringing these home!

No comments:

Post a Comment