Monday, July 25, 2011

Day 72-79

It's crazy how time flies and its sad that I have just over a month left in Guatemala. It has been amazing. Though I could use a nice, hot shower, I love it here. I've gotten to know two local Guatemalan families who are helping me learn Spanish as well as want to learn English so they can talk to me! I am also starting to really pick up words when I am being spoken to in Spanish...pretty neat! The newest longish word that I just learned is "demasiado" which is "too much".

It's been fairly quiet lately but that also be because I am getting used to the lifestyle here. Thing's don't surprise me as much anymore. But one thing I did learn was if you are a woman driving alone, if a cop stops you, you do not have to stop. Why? Because the police are corrupt and there used to be reports of cops stopping woman and rapping them. Maybe I'm not THAT used to the lifestyle yet...I am learning new facts everyday.

I shall leave you with a picture of my new roomie, Tika. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment