Monday, June 13, 2011

Day 37

I just got back into Guatemala last night! I had an amazing week with my girls! :) One thing I did notice going from Guatemala back to Canada was the culture shock. My first hot shower (with pressure!) surprised me, using the toilet and being able to flush the toilet paper surprised me, brushing my teeth with tap water surprised me....and the list goes on...including how quiet it is in Toronto compared to Guatemala! I heard some dogs barking one night and found it oddly comforting (there are ALWAYS dogs barking at night in Guatemala)!

I also noticed a few changes in myself - the little things don't bug me as much....helping someone and not getting a thank you or a response didn't bother me....I felt more content with myself. It's the simple things in life that are the best things in life. I am being humbled....a lot. :)

Since I don't have any pictures of Guatemala, I will include a few of my girlfriends and I. I am blessed to have such amazing friends.





No comments:

Post a Comment