Sunday, August 12, 2012

Happy tears...

Thursday was an emotional day with happy tears.  As I arrived into our house in Tecpan, my little guy, Wilson, peaked his head out of the door and ran into my arms.  Seconds later, his siblings all ran over.  I couldn't help but tear up realizing that I have made such good friends in Guatemala.  Friends that I know will always be in my life despite the language barrier.

Half an hour later, we drove over to the land where we are building the Children's Village and again I started to tear up.  So much progress has happened since I was here a year ago.  Of course, I see all of this in pictures, but pictures do not give it any justice.  We have built a perimeter wall surrounding the village, the interior walls of one house is finished, the vegetable garden is growing fiercely and now we have started painting the inside of one house...the list goes on and on!  

I feel blessed to be part of this Project.  I am reminded over and over again of the people that are less fortunate and I am grateful that I have found a project that I am in love with, so I can do my small part in this world and help out wherever I can.  

For comparisons sake, this photo was taken last August.  
And here it is now.

Just a few of the surrounding volcanoes.


Bamboo roof trusses

The interior of one of the homes

Heather and Tika performing tricks


Some wall decorations



Voila!  I love it here!

No comments:

Post a Comment