Wednesday, August 8, 2012

A Year Later...

And what a fabulous year it has been!  I am currently waiting at the airport on my way back to my happy place....Guatemala.  I look back at this year and am amazed by how blessed I have been.  My job has been fabulous.  I am lucky to to be working in the not-for-profit world, especially for Project Somos and getting paid to do so!  Honestly work does not feel like work most of the time.

I will be heading back to Guatemala for only a month this time around.  I am excited to see all the progress for the houses as well as reunite with all my friends there.  I can't wait!  My lil boy should be waiting at the house when I arrive!  :)

A few months, a friend asked me how I was doing....and for the first time in my life, I said "I am happy...like sincerely happy."   What a blessing.  :)

I will be updating this blog again regularly while in Guate so thank you in advance for following along!


Update:  Aug 8th
I just arrived into Guatemala City last night and it feels good.  I'm reminded of the little things....no hot water, get filtered water for brushing my teeth and throwing toilet paper into the garbage bin, not toilet.

On my flight from Dallas to Guate, I sat beside a fellow Guatemalan who spoke only Spanish and we had a full on conversation!  With my broken Spanish, we were able to talk about what I am doing in Guatemala, what he does....etc.  I was thoroughly pleased that I still remember a lot of my Spanish from last year....and he wanted my number and said I have a friend in the City....haha  :)

Today I will hang out with Ceci and then meet up with Heather and Greg in the afternoon.  Tomorrow we will head over to Tecpan.  I can't wait to see my lil kiddes as well as the construction of the village!

No comments:

Post a Comment